From FlyFF WIki
- Assist classes require sticks and knuckles to engage in combat. When knuckles are used, it is advised to use shields.
- Mercenary classes use axes or swords. They also, like Assists and wand using Magicians can use shields.
There are several places to get weapons, including:
- NPCs sell certain weapons. However, they stop selling weapons at a certain level.
- Item Drops are fairly common in the game. Items that drop have possibility of having added stats.
- Other Players can sell items they have received. These can be in shops, trades, and so on.
In order to use a weapon, it is required that they be equiped. In order to equip a weapon, click the I, from the Hot Key list, on your keyboard. This will open up the inventory window.
There are a couple things to remember before attempting to use a weapon.
Make sure there is no red lines in the information window.
If there is a red line, that means that weapon is incapable of use by you.
Several reasons for this could be:
- Wrong class
- Wrong level
If this tends to be the problem, you can either sell, trade, or NPC the item and get one that fits all the requirements.